Friday, August 9, 2013

1st Birthday!!!

ahhhh oh my gosh, I can't believe my baby is ONE already!!!  My sweet boy turned 1 on July 6th, and since I suck at getting his birthday photos up, he's actually already 13 months! crazy!!

So, we did a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme, it was super cute and turned out really well, mostly.  There were about 45-50 people and it was super super hot out.  Our house was like an oven and there was no relief going outside either, and of course I didn't really get many pictures, shit!


my favorite part, we totally pulled off the Hungry Caterpillar made out of lanterns, it was close there for a minute whether it would be up or not, but we pulled it off!! 
we got the green lanterns from the Christmas Tree Shop, and since I couldn't find a red lantern to save my life, my dad spray painted one of the pink ones that we used at my wedding, yes I saved them, and it's a good thing!!  The eyes, are just cut out construction paper, that I didn't really try to hard on because if you look in the book, the eyes are kind of messed up like this anyway, and the antennas? (is that what they're called on a caterpillar?) are just purple pipe cleaners!



The Birthday Boy!

 (they don't seem to have this shirt in anymore, looks like they've changed them for fall/winter)


here is the whole table.  We had all most of the food from the book.  Watermelon, Strawberries, lollipops, cheese, cracker, pepperoni, a veggie platter, along with potato salad and we cooked chicken.  Everything from the book had labels stuck in it, I was having no luck making my own and luckily I came across a blog and she had done them and made it so that you could print them for free!! So a huge  Thank You to her, you made everything so much easier for me!!

Also, I had butterfly catchers and bubbles for all the kids that came, thats them in the lower left hand corner of the picture, the butterfly catchers were from the Dollar Tree.

A closer picture of the table.

The cake table.  I just taped streamers to the crown molding and then taped them to the table cloth for a little decoration.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake...which did not really come out quite the way I wanted it to, but you get the point.

and last but definitely not least, the Birthday Boy and his cake!  Which his cake, by the way, looks disgusting..it wasn't, but the frosting I made ended up being more of a glaze then frosting (I didn't know it was going to be like that) and because it was so freaking hot out, it just kind of poured down the cake and none really stuck to it, which sucked!  His cake was definitely my biggest fail of the day but I plan on doing a cake smash photo shoot with him so at least I'll get some good pics with a much better cake!!!

He would not keep his fingers out of his mouth, he LOVED it!!!


and just one more pic of these cute little hands digging right into that yummy cake!!! 
 Happy First Birthday Baby, Mommy & Daddy love you so so much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment