Saturday, November 24, 2012

Winter Candles

So, I was perusing through Pinterest as I often do, it's so addicting isn't it?  Anyway, I saw this really cute winter candle that someone made so I decided that I would make it as well! It is super easy to make and really cute, something that you can leave out all winter!!



Here is what you will need.  I used white unscented candles, but you don't have to, I'm sure you could get the same results with a colored candle, along with some epsom salt, Mod Podge, some acrylic paint and a paint brush



First you are going to tape around the candle or use an elastic as a stopping point, I used tape.  Then you are going to pick the color that you choose, I decided to go with blue but I also bought a light purple and a silver that I thought would look nice too.  Then you just paint right up to your tape.  I let this dry a little and then did a second coat.




Here are my candles all painted and dry, ready to go.  
 The next step I don't have any pictures for because that would have been to difficult, you paint some Mod Podge all over your candle and dump some Epsom salt over them, the salt sticks to it and looks like snow.  I used a paper plate to catch the extra Epsom salt and just dumped it straight from the bottle on to the candle and let the extra fall onto the plate (then I was able to put whatever didn't stick back in the bottle)




Here is the finished product, isn't it so cute?!  I already had a snowflake that I got at the dollar store and all I did was stick it on with some double sided tape! These are just so darn cute, I love them!
If you make these then leave me a comment, I would love to hear how it went for you, or better yet, leave me a picture I would love to see yours!  

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment