Monday, January 21, 2013

Accent Nails

I use to go about every 2-3 weeks to get my nails done.  Since having my son, I rarely have any time to do that, and I really don't want to wait for the polish to dry.  I use to do the gel polish too which dries instantly under UV lights but I know I wouldn't make it back to have them take it off or change it, so I've decided to start doing my own again (when I actually have the time).  This past weekend I had a baby shower that I was going to and decided that I wanted to do my nails.  

I really love all the accent nails that I've been seeing on pinterest lately so I figured I would give it a shot.  Now,  I decided to do this about 30 mins before I left for the shower, I'm not even sure they were fully dry when I left, so please bare with me on the colors I chose.  I really love gray nails in the winter so I knew I wanted gray and another color,  I decided to go with kind of a sparkly color and I did that one on my ring fingers...

These colors are Sally Hansen insta-dri in Slick Slate & Orly in Rage


its definitely not my favorite combo but I don't think it's to bad for my first attempt and for not having much time (not my best paint job either, oh well!)
I definitely want to try more styles and colors, up next is either going to be a chevron nail or a heart, depending on when I get the chance to do this.  If it's closer to Valentine's day then it will obviously be a heart.  Either way, I will definitely post exactly how I do both!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment